Thanks to an influx of web site builder resources on the world wide web, everyone can create a web site. But, choosing from the tools in front of you may not be that simple. Which attributes matter most — and is there a way?
Five attributes you need to compare
Every business has its own procedure for vetting tools and partners, however the proposition is pretty clear when it comes to the choice of web site builders. Examine the following features and you’ll wind up finding the platform that is proper .
Folks like to mention things like, “Oh, do not be worried about price. It’ll all work itself out.” However, this is false advice. When thinking of any business tool you need to consider the price. In the event the price doesn’t work in your budget, then there’s no sense even considering it.
Start with price and begin reviewing the cost of various site builders. Some do not charge an up-front cost but do require monthly service fees. A sizable up-front fee is charged by others but do not require extra service fees. It is crucial that you know what you’re getting into.
You’re using a web site builder as you don’t have web design and development abilities. To put it differently, the target is to simplify the process. Bearing that in mind, consider how intuitive there is a platform if you’re evaluating the options.
Drag-and-drop functionality is featured by many of the leading website builders. If you’re able to get a builder with this technology, go for it. You will never know if you will want to go back and change something later on. Easier is always better.
3. Customer Care
Problems arise and issues come from nowhere. How strong is the website builder’s customer service? Can you reach the business via telephone, email and live chat? Are these people available 24/7 or only during business hours?
You won’t need customer support but you would like it to be accessible and simple, if it is required. Customer service is a feature that is really competitive right now, and many website builders are steadily enhancing these services.
4. Client testimonials
Website builders can rant and rave about how great they’re on revenue pages and their very own website, but how can you know they are not just puffing themselves up to develop their own bottom line?
The area where customer testimonials thing this is. When you return to three or even two options, visit review websites and start reading reviews. What do current and past customers enjoy about the builder? Do they live up to their own claims? Many do — however, you do not want to take everything.
5. SEO features
Something as technical as SEO may not be on your mind as you’re choosing a web site builder; however, do not dismiss this problem. Possessing a website builder with SEO-friendly web design technologies built in will really give you a head-start over the competition.
You will want to check at both search-engine and off-page attributes to know what exactly it is that website builders are currently offering.
A look at the best website builders
Now that you know exactly what to look for, you’re ready to start evaluating some of the options in the market. Web.com and Weebly are believed the web builder giants, so we’ll start with them:
- Web.com. With Web.com, you know just what you’re getting: exceptional website building attributes and reactive support. The service doesn’t charge any up-front fees, however you’ll need to pay a monthly maintenance fee that includes advertisements, hosting and basic upkeep.
- Weebly. Firms love Weebly due to its thousands of templates and incredibly user-friendly, drag-and-drop format that makes building web pages a total breeze. You choose which monthly qualities you need to invest in and then pay an up-front fee for the website. Here’s an illustration of a website with Weebly. Notice how clean and smooth it is. These are attributes that most people today use to describe this website builder.
There are options, obviously. If you’re eager to look around, you’ll notice that there are at least half a dozen other sensible alternatives worth considering. These include:
- Wix. You’re going to be hard-pressed to locate anyone who doesn’t enjoy Wix. It is widely known among the major web site builders and attributes a fairly deep program store and templates. Here’s an illustration of a website designed using Wix. Notice how the website that is smooth and responsive is of elements and content formats.
- eHost. Though it doesn’t get discussed as much as any other builders, eHost is a huge platform. It has excellent customer support and gives totally free domain names with registration to businesses.
- Bigcommerce. Want ecommerce capabilities? While Shopify receives a whole lot of attention, Bigcommerce is arguably a better solution. It has. Here’s an illustration of a website design with BigCommerce. It is the picture of how this system allows you to incorporate a bunch of elements .
With building a web site, all of it comes down to the degree of comfort and the qualities you want you have. Definitely look at these five options, but know that there’s a list of different builders out there.
Purchasing a domain name
In the end, it’s important to touch on this issue of buying a domain name. You will need an address that sends people to your website before you’re able to create a web site. Hosts and most builders offer bargains when you sign up for a few of their services, though it is possible to purchase a domain name from a number of different providers. Some will also give you free domain name registration.
However, in case you can’t obtain a domain name from the host, there are lots of names that cost a buck or 2. Be forewarned that if you want one someone name or a one-word domain owns, you may need to spend tens of thousands of bucks. Something to think about.
Take your time.
Do not rush. Don’t rush, if you’re looking for a website builder and look that matter to your company. With a bit of patience, and you’ll finally find the solution that’s practical, economical and intuitive.